Care Skills Course Outline
The QQI Care Skills course is a 4 day module which is available for Private HomeCare carers. If you are interested in working with becoming a carer with us, please visit our recruitment page. Once approved, you can join any of our courses immediately!
- QQI Course Code: 5N2770
- NFQ Level 5
- Award Class Minor
Upcoming Course Dates and Cost
The care skills course is conducted over 4 Thursdays. The 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th October 2019.
The cost is €195 per person for the entire course, including all training materials.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify relevant groups of people in need of health care
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people, taking into account individual variation
- Identify the hygiene needs of dependent clients
- Discuss the prevention of pressure sores
- Demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedures for the cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment
- Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to include empathy, respect, patience and effective communication skills
- Exercise initiative to improve client involvement in social events, outings and occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Contribute to the maintenance of safe and hygienic environments for clients to include the safe disposal of soiled linen
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating, drinking, toileting, continence promotion, mobility and where appropriate, social needs
- Apply client safety and security procedures to include appropriate on site client care procedures for washing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling
- Give assistance that enhances the privacy, dignity, independence and positive self image of clients in care
- Give assistance to clients in the use of a range of care equipment to include sensory equipment, aids to encourage independence and mechanical aids including hoists, mobility, feeding, washing, and elimination aids
- Report changes in the client's condition to the relevant Supervisor
- Complete client documentation.
To reserve your place, please contact our training team.
Our training venue is the Lucan Centre, in Lucan, Dublin. This is accessible by frequent public transport buses. Full details will be provided upon booking.
About The Trainer
Training is delivered by our inhouse certified trainer, Anna Lloyd. Anna has extensive experience within the care industry as well as being a professional trainer. Anna's style is friendly, interactive and very supportive.
To see our full list of QQI courses, visit our Carer Training page