Care Support Course Outline
The QQI Care Support Course is a 4 day module which is available only for Private HomeCare carers. If you are interested in working with us, please visit our recruitment page. Once approved by us to become a carer, you can join any of our courses immediately!
- Day 1 of 4: Relating to the client
- Day 2 of 4: Reflection and development
- Day 3 of 4: Working with others
- Day 4 of 4: Working in care
- QQI Course Code : 5N0758
- NFQ Level 5
- Award Class Minor
Course Dates and Cost
This 4 day course takes place one day per week, over 4 weeks:
- March / April 2019: 20th and 27th of March and 3rd and 10th of April (Wednesdays)
- September 2019: 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th (Thursdays(
Cost is €195 per person for the entire course, including all materials.
At the end of the care support module, you will be able to:
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Reflect on relationships with client, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in work
4 days spread across a number of weeks.
To reserve your place, please contact our training team.
All of our training takes place in the Lucan Centre, Lucan, Dublin. This is accessible by frequent public transport buses. Full details will be provided upon booking.
Training is delivered by our inhouse certified trainer, Anna Lloyd. Anna has extensive experience within the care industry as well as being a professional trainer. Anna's style is friendly, interactive and very supportive.
To see our full list of QQI courses, visit our Carer Training page.