Career Opportunities at Private HomeCareSeptember 22, 2020
My Story : I’m a Carer Supporting People with CovidDecember 14, 2020
Our company ethos, crafted in 1989 has never changed and remains more pertinent today than ever “we care for others as we would like to be cared for ourselves”.
Here are the steps Private HomeCare has put in place to keep our clients and our staff safe as a direct result of Covid 19, as we continue to provide care to people of all ages and all abilities in their home:
- All of our care staff have the required number of PPE items associated with the care task being performed, including masks, gloves and aprons, and specific Covid 19 PPE where necessary.
- We have never had any out of stock situations with these protective items.
- Last year we introduced a new course for all of our carers, “Infection Prevention and Control”, specifically based on Covid 19.
- We continue to follow best practice of Infection Prevention & Control and particularly hand hygiene and correct wearing of masks.
- Our office staff work with social distancing between desks, full hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting practices as you would expect.
- Our parent company CPL has conducted a General Risk Assessment and a COVID 19 Risk Assessment of our work place and practices.
- In line with HSE guidance documents, all carers receive regular communications from Private HomeCare and attend support training to ensure best care practice with particular emphasis on Covid 19.
- We have increased our number of Community Carer Responders.
- We have moved all theory training for carers online. When practical demonstrations are necessary e.g. People Handling or specialist equipment usage, our Training Manager uses social distancing and full PPE in our dedicated Training Centre.
As a HSE approved provider of home care for several decades, we continue to closely monitor and follow the advice of the HSE as well as the HPSC (Health Prevention Surveillance Centre).
Our hearts go out to the many already affected by this disease.
Stay safe. Stay safe.
Elizabeth Nicholson, Founder and Managing Director.